Quito has the largest, least-altered, and best-preserved historic center in the Americas. This center was, together with the historic Centre of Kraków in Poland, the first to be declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO on 18 September 1978. The Historic Centre of Quito is located in the center south of the capital on an area of 320 hectares (790 acres), and is considered one of the most important historic areas in Latin America. There are about 130 monumental buildings (which host a variety of pictorial art and sculpture, mostly religion inspired, in a multi-faceted range of schools and styles) and 5,000 properties registered in the municipal inventory of heritage properties.
– Depart the hotel at 8:30 am
– Ride aboard the Teleferico (Cable Car) to soar at 4050 m
– Visit to the City Museum in the historical center.
– Walk around the historical center to visit several churches, including “La Compañía”
– Lunch at plaza de la independencia (Independence square)
– Visit to the paneceillo virgin monument
– Back to the hotel at approximately 4:00pm
PRICE: USD $130.00 (tax included, max. 6 people).
Wear warm clothes, comfortable walking shoes and hat or baseball cap.
Not included: Tour guide, food and beverages, fees for activities and entrances.